GRADUATE WATER SCIENTIST
An exciting opportunity exists for a graduate water scientist/ hydrologist/ environmental engineer to make their mark by joining a specialist environmental consultancy based in West Perth. The position is full time, initially for a six month period with the possibility of extension.
Coterra Environment provides environmental and urban water management design and advisory services to land developers, resource mining companies, as well as industry and government sectors.
Coterra Environment recognises that its’ key asset is their close-knit team, who enjoy their work and take great pride in providing their clients with exceptional service and results. Coterra promotes a friendly, relaxed, and supportive atmosphere at work. The successful candidate will work with highly experienced consultants, on a wide variety of projects, in the land development and resource sectors.
As part of a small team, you will have a degree of autonomy and responsibility with your efforts being recognised and valued. Our next water specialist will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- A degree in environmental engineering or similar.
- A focus and passion for hydrology, urban water management, drainage, stormwater treatment design and/or water quality.
- Works well in a team but also has the ability to work independently when given direction.
- Is motivated with a good work ethic.
- Has sound scientific/engineering understanding and ability to apply that knowledge.
- Knowledge of the water sensitive urban design principles would be beneficial.
- Hydrological modelling experience/ university units would be advantageous.
- Water monitoring/ field sampling experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with project teams and regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrated high standard of written work and reporting.
- A driver’s licence is essential.
Coterra Environment is able to offer career advancement, professional development, a young and enthusiastic team environment, and a large client and project portfolio to the successful applicant.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume to email@example.com. Further information can also be obtained by contacting Rebecca Epworth on (08) 9381 5513.